View Single Post
Old May 25, 2013, 05:24 PM   #104
deepcreek

Quote:
The task faced by the court is to determine just who is the "good guy."
The idea is to stay out of court.
The court systems are designed to get people to take plea bargains and pay fines. If you want a jury trail get ready for a very risky, expensive, long and stressful journey.

Quote:
Murphy says that if you don't report the incident, the bad guys, other witnesses, or some recording device (security camera, trail cam, smart phone) will record a limited view of what happened.

So, while you suggest that there could be negative outcomes to reporting, you should consider the relative odds of negative outcomes if somebody else makes the report.
I would consider both sides of the coin and all strategies if I got into a fight.

Most decent lawyers will tell you not to go talk to police, detectives and prosecutors without them if you are involved in a felony case, I would feel very worried about making statements and getting interviewed without decent legal advice.

Just things I would consider before I call 911 and started blabbing away.

Quote:
If nothing else, the course of action you seem to advocate could suggest guilty conscience to a prosecutor, or worse yet a jury.
So could a bunch of statements made in the heat of the moment and taken out of context.

The only thing I am advocating is to be very careful and explore all options and strategies. Fights can be life altering events nothing to take lightly.

Page generated in 0.03722 seconds with 8 queries