Thread: Deer snorting
View Single Post
Old October 14, 2006, 07:40 PM   #19
Trapp

I had 2 snorters today. The first was in the AM. I couldn't tell what it was, but I did see the white flag go up. That's when the snorting started. It kept it up for almost 5 minutes all the while out of sight. Didn't see nothing else for the rest of the morning.

I went back and took a half hour nap in my stand. I woke up to seeing a coon eating my corn. I figured "what the heck" and let an arrow fly at it. I bumped my stands' "rifle rest" and nailed a tree!

An hour after that I heard a crashing in the woods. It was going in the opposite direction. I grabbed my "estrus bleat" can and had at it twice. About 5 minutes later the deer came back. She was high stepping/stomping and searching for the source of the noise. I let it go a few more times, and she continued. When she finally got into view about 25 yds away (much to my suprise) I started to reach for my bow, and of course she spotted me. She stared me down and snorted and ran back and forth. I kept bleating when she tried to go away, and she would come back. This went on for about five minutes, never again exposing herself to a clear shot, before she left for good.

Page generated in 0.03189 seconds with 8 queries