View Single Post
Old January 9, 2013, 06:06 PM   #3
tgreening

Where are you? Online isn't the only way to go. My LGS had (as of this morning) about 15K rnds of 55 grn Federal left in 1000 rnd cases for $499. Not stellar prices compared to a few weeks ago, but in my mind not outside reasonable pricing given the climate.

Individuals aren't the only ones hoarding up and driving up prices. I was talking to a check out girl, that apparently does ordering as well, and she said their distributor told her that when the panic hit one of their customers called them up and ordered 4.8 MILLION dollars of 5.56/.223. She said that in the case of their store, the day of the shooting a guy came in and bought 12k rnds himself, and another guy bought 150 30 rnd Pmags. My guess is those guys were of the profiteer type looking to make a buck.

Anyway, local stores around here are getting stock in so it's not like it's completely dried up. They had also got a shipment of ARs in as well.

The problem is most stores have sold probably a years worth of inventory all in days and now everyone is trying to get it all back at once so they can keep cashing in. Naturally that puts a strain on the manufacturers who probably aren't geared up for that kind of sudden short term increase in demand.

Page generated in 0.04247 seconds with 8 queries