View Single Post
Old January 20, 2013, 08:06 PM   #1
Gunnut17

If a Ban Goes Through...

I watched this video recently, in the beginning, they bring up the possibility of cheaply having firearms at your disposal by buying a handful of AR lowers (Legally the firarm under federal law.) and magazines. That would, hopefully be grandfathered. I discussed with my dad the possibility of pooling money to possibly buy a lower to make it possible for me to own a firearm at 18 regardless of previous bans. (We confirmed some time ago with a LGS employee that what we are thinking of isn't a straw purchase, don't have a cow.)

My dad brought to my attention that if the proposed AWB's would allow for grandfathering, that the law may require that the lower(s) be registered with the government to prove that they were bought before the ban was instated.

Is there any truth to this? Wouldn't a receipt or the 4473 cover this? we all pretty much unanimously agree that registration is the first step to confiscation, and I'd hate to waste money on something that could be taken like that for lack of proof.

Thanks!

Page generated in 0.03823 seconds with 8 queries