Thread: LT-308 problem
View Single Post
Old November 16, 2009, 01:53 PM   #4
Winterhawk56

I agree with rottieman33 about lub of the bolt! the bolt should have an oil film visible but on another note I would check the following;

1. Measure the chamber and ensure your bullet is seated deep enough in the case and not touching the throat.

2. Is your die correct as I have had some issues with the re-size die in the past. Granted minimal but an issue non the less. My RCBS resize die for my .308 was off just a few 1000's at the shoulder and caused a tight fit. My resolution was once they were fired (in that gun) I neck sized only. Also bought another set of dies.

3. Last but not least, check the face of the bolt and ensure nothing is causing the jam such as the ejector spring clip, debris or the bolt face diameter (inside) is per specification. Steel expands a little when heated and the clerance could be impaired enough to not allow the shell/case butt to fit proper in the bolt.

Other than that perhaps others have more suggestions? Good luck and if you find the problem please shareas we may see this again.

Ralph

Page generated in 0.02340 seconds with 8 queries