View Single Post
Old July 31, 2010, 12:00 AM   #12
44 AMP
Staff

If you are looking for the total number of NEW guns sold in the US in 2009, good luck. You'd need all the gun maker's production numbers, plus all the importers numbers, minus the number of 2009 production guns they still had in unsold inventory as of Dec 31st 2009.

How anyone could get those numbers, even the govt, is beyond me. IT would require a serious research effort, along with some way of compelling makers, dealers and importers to release that infomation to you.

Good Luck.

And if you want to consider the total number of guns sold (new AND used), better look for guidance from on high. Because only the Lord knows what that number might be!

I'm sure I'm not "typical", and I know many folks who are more active than I am, but for the last couple decades, I have been buying between one and half a dozen guns a year, depending on my finances, and what I get interested in. Many of them get traded off after a year or three, to be replaced with others. Very, very few are new guns, and few are purchased through dealers. All legal, just a hobby, not a business. If you can figure aout a way to track that, you belong to the gun control lobby, in spirit, if not in fact!

Page generated in 0.03258 seconds with 8 queries