View Single Post
Old August 1, 2008, 07:19 AM   #3
Robby

I have had some of the same general problem, and occurances that have happened or could happen again.

There was and still is another possibility. The Family Member, is not attacking another family member, but instead is threatening YOU! This is not a blood relative, but BIL, who most of us feel is Bi-Polar, and not medicated.

He switches from nice guy, to raging threatening person in an instant if something in his mind set him off. I had him go off on me, with threats of violence to my person in the last month.

I had been asked by my wife to check on her mother, and when I arrived at her home he was present with his wife.

(I happened to be armed, with both my primary and Bug). He, by the way does not even know I own a gun, let alone carry.

He was fine for a few minutes, but then started losing it and threatened me with physical harm. The only witness would have been his wife, if I had chosen to draw my weapon. (Not a good thing for me).

I chose to back my way to my vehicle, and get the heck outa Dodge! Running thru my mind was what the heck would I do if he followed up with his assault threats. "My god, I do not want to go to jail for possibly killing my wife's brother, on his mothers property."

So another thing, in the OP theme is!! WHAT IF YOU ARE THE TARGET not another family member, or friend?? What if it goes beyond the hollering and threats to become physical, and you have no witness who would stand for your side?

I chose wisely in my mind to disengage before he could get physically in contact with me. (No I did not run, but I also did not stop facing his threat).

Page generated in 0.02814 seconds with 8 queries