View Single Post
Old April 5, 2007, 09:43 PM   #20
benedict1

I would definitely avoid the Square Deal B. I went that route and had almsot $750 invested in only two caliber. The priming system never worked right and couldn't be fixed by whatever they sent me; and loading .38 Special with varying case lengths about 10 rounds per 100 had bulged cases. I sent it back and got my money returned. Best decision I could have made.

None of this is even a factor with the Lee Classic Turret and the Lee Factory Crimp Die. I threw the case gauge away and have loaded thousands of rounds on my Classic Turret Press and ALL of them chamber and fire.

With the Classic Turret you can add another caliber for the cost of a turret and another set of DeLuxe pistol dies--with S & H from a place like Kempf's Gun Shop that is gonna' be about $40. Not so with anything from Dillon. And, changing primer sizes with the Safety Prime takes about 10 seconds. Not so with the Dillon.

Some guys can make the SDB work--I couldn't. The Classic Turret is easy to use, will give you 200+ rounds per hour; you'll never have a screwed up primer; the Pro Auto Disk Powder Measure is simple and foolproof; and the Factory Crimp Die option is just plain nice.

I have drunk the blue koolaid--red turned out to be much tastier--

Page generated in 0.03569 seconds with 8 queries