View Single Post
Old July 27, 2010, 08:24 PM   #46
Retired15T

It's pretty obvious that there are those among the thread participants who will make excuses to try and cloud this very simple scenario and what their actions would or would not be. I am responsible for the bullet(s) that leave my weapon.

For me, it's so simple because:

1. It would have to be a clear cut situation of somebody is about to die at the hands of the BG and I am the ONLY one there who can help.
2. I've a lot of weapons training behind me.
3. I've been in this situation and know that the first 10-15 seconds of this playing out is going to be dictated by either your training or your belief in movies.
4. I would make the greatest effort to convince the BG I am harmless and "wowed" by his/her expression of violence. If there were innocents behind him and I knew the shot was risky, I wouldn't take the shot. Even if it cost me my life. However, if the BG were close enough and I was sure of my ability to hit him and only him, then I would take the shot. If my shot went through the BG and hit an innocent, I would do everything in my power to help that individual there on the scene and after wards.

I would trust in the common sense of the people from the community in which I live to exonerate me of any criminal or unreasonable financial obligations. If I were NOT in my home town, I wouldn't be so quick to act. I would still take the shot if the situation allowed a great chance of only the BG being injured.
Not only should a CCW person be cognizant of their surroundings, their abilities and familiar with the laws that govern your actions, the individual would be best served by understanding the "climate" in which they are doing so.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Capt. Charlie; July 28, 2010 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Statement with racial overtones removed.

Page generated in 0.03811 seconds with 8 queries