View Single Post
Old July 16, 2013, 08:05 AM   #24
Hawg

I thought I answered it sufficiently Bill. My research consisted of checking out other forums for people with the same guns and finding out what they did and their results. No, I don't have facts and figures that you can put down on paper and say this load is safe and that one isn't. From what I found the only people that are concerned about an airspace are people that never had one.

You can't simply glue a ringtail bullet flush onto a paper cartridge. Well I guess you could but you would have to be very careful with it to keep it from breaking off and tearing open the cartridge. That might feasibly work if the base of the bullet were the same size as the cartridge but the base of the ringtail is a lot smaller.

By defeating the purpose I meant you cant load it as one unit. First you would have to seat the bullet and then load the cartridge. While it might be a little faster than loading loose powder its not fast enough to justify the trouble of making it.

Kinda funny the way you keep saying in dark bold letters that I didn't answer the question and then saying I didn't answer any of your questions when most of them are all the same question. Now I may not have answered it to your satisfaction but I did answer it to mine. Just roll your eyes and call me a dumbass, but I can tell you this from personal experience, you can load anywhere from 80-100 grains of loose powder in a Sharps with no ill effects other than flash out the top and bottom which you're going to get anyway. The more powder you use the more flash you get. There's even a few people that only load forty or so grains of powder and that is a major airspace and no I'm not going to go back and try to find links for any of the stuff I found over several months of looking.

Page generated in 0.05284 seconds with 8 queries