View Single Post
Old September 10, 2009, 11:08 AM   #1
FrontSight

To expand on the proper care of killed deer thread...

Not trying to be an attention grabber, but figured I'd post also this as a separate thread to get the word out for anyone who might not be reading that thread anymore...

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that no matter how gamey it may taste, cooking with lots of onions will completely kill any gaminess and make it an excellent tasting meat.

Shoot a rutting buck poorly, leapfrog it for 2 hours, shoot it again, drag it for miles, take pictures with it, don't age it, and don't worry about it, because onions will make it taste fine.

Obviously, onions won't improve your hunting skills or ethics, but they will improve your dinner.

This knowledge came to me from an old (1800's) trapping book that I read. I wish I had read it 20 years earlier, because I would have enjoyed a lot more venison meals than I did in all those years!

Page generated in 0.03374 seconds with 8 queries