View Single Post
Old May 23, 2009, 07:42 AM   #17
BlueTrain

There was an incident a year or two ago in a small town in the Maryland suburbs of Washington in which the police invaded a house that was apparently the wrong house. It turned out to be the house of the mayor of this small town. Fortunately, a local constable and friend of the mayor turned up just in time and stood by the mayor to prevent anything else happening, there being a likelihood of it turning even worse. I wonder how these things get started?

There seems to be an unfortunate trend of militarization of law enforcement. They wear black uniforms and combat boots with black trousers, helmets, shields and the works. They tend to have what used to be called Prussian haircuts as if having hair were immoral. I think these little details cause a little confusion in the minds of some police but there may be other reasons. The police in my small town where I grew up wore white shirts. The police station was built with a garage door front (next to the fire station) and on hot summer days before air conditioning, the entire front of the station was wide open. I guess things change.
Buy War Bonds.

Page generated in 0.03377 seconds with 8 queries