View Single Post
Old March 6, 2009, 01:19 AM   #14
Scorch

Quote:
Maybe you can show me how to build a rifle from scratch and show everyone where I went astray.
David-
I did not say you don't build very nice rifles. In fact, if you read on the previous post where HAWKINS was plugging your product, I said that the rifles appear to be very well built, but simpy higher priced than other available platforms, considering the cost savings available from CNC technologies. I will say it again, or you can simply go back and re-read my post in that previous thread. About the same time, there was a thread regarding the Alpine rifle, very similar in appearance and features to my eyes, at a similar price. Posters there felt that rifle is also overpriced.
Quote:
Either way, complaining about what someone writes, builds, enjoys or accusing of it of being advertising when you have absolutely no proof is really low!!!! I do find it rather funny that at the bottom of your posts you have your own companies? Isn't that like a double standard?
I have not complained about what or how HAWKINS writes, he writes quite well, he might even be a professional writer. This is his second lengthy expose on your company. For anyone that missed that first opus, it is electronically stored for posterity. It's just that going on and on ad nauseam about a product no one has asked about is a bit over the top. He presented the product's virtues and benefits, repeatedly. But claiming it is not an advertisement seems misleading. It may not be paid advertisement, but he has been provided by you or your firm with marketing material and product specs and allowed to plug the product, then claims it is not advertisement. I believe it is, just the same as seeing a product plugged in a movies is advertisement.

BTW, I do not own or represent Taylor Machine, but I will speak for the quality of his work and his personal integrity. I do feel that posting a link to his web site is an advertisement, but it is subtle.

Finally, since it appears I have offended you by stating my views, please try to find it in yourself to forgive me for expressing my opinions. I truly did not expect the type of response I drew from you. Thank you for your response, both of them, and keep working on your dream.

Last edited by Scorch; March 6, 2009 at 01:30 AM.

Page generated in 0.03173 seconds with 8 queries