View Single Post
Old November 28, 2009, 04:21 PM   #22
doh_312

I was strongly advised not to wear a CCW badge. My instructor had one, but only for keepsake reasons. He brought it to class to show but was clear about never wearing or carrying it. I do not want to be in court for impersonation.

I'm not sure I could stand by and watch a situation like this happen. However, the negative effects are numerous. I asked a friend of mine, currently in the police academy, how his department is trained to identify GG and fellow police officers. The only response I have so far is I'll be assumed a BG if I present a weapon. He asked his training officers.

I just do not feel comfortable I guess knowing a helpful gesture will be assumed a threat. That is why I started this thread I guess. Just curious to see how you guys/gals would handle it. It seems there is no way of proving yourself a GG with out a uniform.

Clearly I do not know how I would react in this sort of situation as I have not been in one. Nor do I wish to be. My reaction could be to run away, not a bad option to save my own hide. But if I hear about the officer getting killed I'm sure I would feel terrible knowing I may have been able to help.

It is a slippery slope for sure

Page generated in 0.02203 seconds with 8 queries