View Single Post
Old February 29, 2008, 06:27 AM   #1
evan1293

Moving off the X

I've heard some very different things from different people on this subject, and Im wondering what you guys think. In a reactionary gunfight, the type a civillian is most likely going to face, is it all important to move off the X and then engage? If so, assuming all directions are available, what seems to be the best direction to move in? Does the distance you find yourself from the adversary at the start of the conflict affect if,when, and how you move in the fight?

I've heard some of the more older school guys preach gaining distance as a number one priority. Others, particularly from competition circles, have said to just plant your self and shoot first and fast. I watched Gabe Suarez's latest video, which I thought was great by the way, and he says its best to move towards the back of the assailants gun hand (so that they have to sweep to their outside to hit you.) This makes sense to me, especially if the fight is an upclose one, as it most likely will be.

Moving off the X seems important especially in the light of Col. Boyd's OODA loop and resetting your opponent. What do you guys think on this subject?

Page generated in 0.02154 seconds with 8 queries