View Single Post
Old December 18, 2017, 09:23 PM   #25
zukiphile

I've purchased from Natchez for more than 20 years. My recent attempted order was my last.

Natchez confirmed my order on their advertised terms and charged my card. Then they changed the advertisement to double the price. The change didn't fix mere typos, but materially altered the price per quantity in several places in the ad.

As soon as I saw it changed, and before the package left Natchez, I called to tell them that I wasn't a customer at the doubled price. First I was told that there was nothing that they would do about it. When I told the fellow that this isn't how this is going to work, he told me he would get the package recalled and my card credited immediately.

Neither happened. When the half shipment arrived, I let them know. Brian Futch emails back to let me know that he will arrange pick and credit the purchase back to my card. Since that was already supposed to have happened, I pressed. Brian Futch pretended to do me a favor by telling me he would issue a credit once the packages had been picked up.

That had me picking up the telephone to explain that Natchez failing to honor the terms of their order isn't a return of merchandise, and that they didn't have authority to charge my card for a shipment they never intended to make. After a couple of tries at making this my problem, the pleasant woman on the phone apologised and said she would process the CC credit immediately and email the confirmation. I assumed this was a matter of mere incompetence rather than deception.

She emailed a "credit invoice", but three days later no credit has been forthcoming. Over the course of several telephone calls and emails, the only true representation Natchez made was that they wanted the merchandise back. Everything else from the advertisement to the order confirmation to the credit memo was false.

I litigated deceptive sales practices claims when I was younger. Natchez' conduct has been egregious. Caveat Emptor.

Page generated in 0.03530 seconds with 8 queries