View Single Post
Old April 23, 2010, 09:31 AM   #3
taylorce1

Are you shooting with a hot barrel on a regular basis or with hot loads? What level of accuracy are you expecting to be able to shoot? How many rounds do you shoot in a year and how many rounds did the orginal owner put through the rifle. Plus how does your rifle shoot now?

A .308 with competition accuracy should last anywerher from 1-4K rounds hunting accuracy it should be good out to 10K rounds. Hunting accuracy for me is 1.5 MOA or less 3-5 round groups from the bench or bipods at any range, off hand I'm happy with anything less than 2" at 100. Tactical accuracy, I'd be happy with it being the same as my hunting rifle. Competition shooters aren't going to win with a +1 MOA rifle at any range probably more likely a +.5 MOA and you'll loose.

If you suspect that your barrel is shot out take it to a gunsmith and have them run a bore scope down it. Any barrel makere will make you the barrel you want if you need a new barrel just depends on how much you are willing to spend. Some will send you a drop fit already blued other will send you one in the white and you'll have to find someone to finish the barrel.

Page generated in 0.03324 seconds with 8 queries