View Single Post
Old November 3, 2015, 11:49 PM   #20
johnwilliamson062

Quote:
Cripes we could be taking huge chunks out of this problem and not impact the Law abiding one bit.
As others have said, many were law abiding before their acts and there are thousands and thousands who show the same signs and never perpetrate these acts of violence. YOu have to restrict ALL of them if you wnat to make a dent in these acts.

I know of a person with a very serious "mental illness" making him a danger to a certain segment of society. He is currently under investigation by the FBI. He has multiple prior convictions. He has admitted to illegal acts and that he is unable to control himself. He has admitted, that given the chance, he will do the same thing again. He has turned over evidence and a confession to the FBI and indicated prison is the only place he can be watched and kept under control. He claims he WANTS to be taken into custody. He thinks if he goes to prison it will save him from hell.

Everyone is waiting for his case to be heard by the grand jury and an indictment handed down so he can be taken into custody. It has been three months since the FBI raided his residence(obtaining an incredible trove of evidence) and as I understand it more than a year may pass before his case goes to a federal grand jury to be reviewed.

Given the situation, he was interested in going to a mental care facility. None will take him long-term.

I'd like to say this goes back to paying people who can't come close to holding down a job to keep popping out kids, but most of the mass murderers seem to come from middle class and above well educated backgrounds.

Page generated in 0.02716 seconds with 8 queries