View Single Post
Old September 24, 2001, 03:53 PM   #10
brianidaho

mmm-mmm-mmm

I was out this morning doing some running around and picking up materials for butchering. Of course I had to stop by work and show off a little!

Just got home and cut up some of the back-strap, soaked it in Itallian dressing and fried it up. Dang that's good eating!!! Meat seems fine, looks good and doesn't smell at all now. I was pretty worried that I wasted the best part of the elk for a while. Course we'll see if I keel over and die in the next couple of hours. Will keep you posted. The fish and game guy I talked with recommended washing the outside with vinigar/water solution, am doing so.

Robert, sorry to hear of your lost bull, that can be heartbreaking. I feel lucky with this one, the shot placement was perfect, but I am not taking credit for that. Lots of grey to shoot at, and probably got a little lucky. I blew badly a couple of shots at deer a couple of weeks ago. Have been practicing pretty heavily, just got excited and screwed up. At least those were clean misses. On this guy I just kept telling myself to stay loose and do it just like at a target. Was happy to see how quickly an arrow will bring one down.

Bri

Page generated in 0.02572 seconds with 8 queries