View Single Post
Old March 28, 2012, 02:32 PM   #21
medalguy

I recently got into a discussion with my CPA regarding machine guns. For the record I own a number of them. She questioned "why I needed to own them." I asker her what kind of car she drove, a Jag XK, then what the top speed was on her car. The top speed is over 150 mph. So of course I asked her why she really needed a car that she could drive at 150 mph and where she drove it that fast, certainly not on the public feeeways.

Well the discussion ended pretty quickly. After thinking a few seconds, she said she understood my point. Same with machine guns-- because they are fun, because they are historically interesting, and because I CAN!!

Life is not about just things we need. Really, all we "need" is a dry place to sleep, something to eat on a somewhat regular basis, a few clothes, and not much more. We don't "need" lots of things we own, but they make life much more interesting and enjoyable. Take a look around your home or office. Decide what you really "need" to live. Make that "to exist" and I think you will get my point.

Page generated in 0.03304 seconds with 8 queries