View Single Post
Old October 3, 2000, 06:47 PM   #6
LASur5r

tprT,
I agree with everything you posted...the reason why I mentioned wrestling is that one of the most important things should you get into a prolonged combat situation is conditioning.
You run out of gas fast, it really becomes an uphill fight unless you can get a quick infusion of oxygen and adrenaline...that intangible burst of energy.
I was in high school wrestling...I was a constant medal winner in my weight class and I had injured my knee in freshman year, but it was no big deal, until one night I got jumped...days when I didn't think I'd be knocked to the deck...Wrong! They double teamed me and I was on the floor on my deck like a turtle flipped over on its shell. This was before JKD and all I knew was grab the guy in front of me and cross strangle hold the guy, holding him close to me to prevent him from slamming me in the head and his partner from putting the boots to me. I choked the first guy out and I got really sore arms from all the kicks his partner gave me trying to get his partner loose. He kicked his partner a lot too but he ran when I threw the unconscious partner off of me.
Point was I almost passed out from guarding against all the struggling and hitting the guy on top of me was giving me while I was front choking him out. Then I was panicking because I didn't want the standing guy to get some good licks in so I had to drag the guy on top of me as the standing guy tried to kick me in the side of the head.
That was when I was in fair shape too.
So for all our sakes, we need to keep in shape. Lots of luck.

Page generated in 0.05279 seconds with 8 queries