View Single Post
Old June 2, 2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Metal god

Case length for AR

I'm getting ready to start reloading for my AR .I've never reloaded before so this is all new to me . Still waiting on back ordered bullets and powder . I have a couple thousand rounds of brass and started cleaning , sizing and swaging the primer pockets .

I have read and or was told that if I'm going to crimp I will want all my cases to be the same length . I believe this is so each crimp will be consistent to the next . I bought the lee manual case cutting tool for 223 . It cuts them very well and very consistent . the problem if there is one is it cuts them to 1.745 and my reloading book says cut the case to 1.750 . Is the cutter cutting the cases to small or will that length be fine . I have about 500 cases cleaned and sized . I stopped at 500 cus I'm not even sure if all of those are done correctly . I did the work per the instructions I'm assuming there fine . Just don't want to ruin all 2k all at once before I even reload one .

Anyways I started cutting them to length and stopped at about 20 cus they all are .005 less the what the Hornady book recommends . Is the 1.750 just a recommendation or is it the minimum length I should go .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Metal god; June 2, 2013 at 11:46 PM.

Page generated in 0.03503 seconds with 8 queries