View Single Post
Old October 8, 2013, 08:36 PM   #17
9x19

I'm not much of a shot, and I have been spared the bench-rest affliction, but here is part of a post (#119) from a guy over at RFC with a very good accuracy report:

Full report at: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...=516203&page=8

Quote:
Fellow AAR Owners, my first range test.

Trigger spring removed, pull now 1-5/8 #
Action screws torqued to 12"# This setting may be too low. It's just where I decided to start.
Bore polished w/ J&B. 12 slow, careful strokes
2 each Weaver #16's lapped to match contour of AAR receiver
Burris Signature Zee Rings (low)
Weaver CKT15 15X (Japan) Duplex reticle
+ & - .020 inserts sideways in rear ring to bring scope to intersect w/ the bore (within 8 clicks @ 25 yards)

weather: 85 degrees, wind 12-15 MPH switching 180 degrees every few minutes.

The footprint of the firing pin is small! Every round went bang; but I would still like to see a bigger pin footprint...

You get my setup and my groups, the good, the bad and the ugly. No cherry picking. This is only the beginning for the AAR
Start shooting @ 25 yards.

This is how I shoot. I have no idea how the "Experts" shoot...

5 rounds to finish final zero, then I put 25 rounds of fed automatch (old lot)through the AAR as fast as possible.

The more rounds I put through the ARR, the closer to center the shots moved. Either the bore was slicking up some more, OR, the AAR just likes a lot of bore dressing. Or???? Any guesses out there.

First 5 shot, 25 yard group automatch (as I dodge the wind watching the flag & probe do a disco dance)

Second 5 shot, 25 yard group automatch

Barrel cleaned w/ patches, brush & solvent. 10 shots of Golden Eagle match to dress the bore (no pic saving pic count).

First 5 shot, 25 yard group Golden Eagle match

Second 5 shot, 25 yard group Golden Eagle match

again, more rounds down the bore, things tighten up. dressing?

...Not too bad for a first outing! Still a lot of work to do! I have to increase torque on the action screws. I need some better wind conditions. or lack of wind (fat chance that ) I think the barrel is slowing slicking up.

Best Regards, ultramag44

Page generated in 0.02811 seconds with 8 queries