View Single Post
Old December 11, 2000, 02:02 PM   #6
Bartholomew Roberts

I'd talk with Stephen Camp or some of the other more knowledgeable Hi-Power gurus; but from what I have heard, a botched trigger job will often create the same problem in a Hi-Power.

The reason I believe the modification is intentional and not a botched trigger job is because

A) It has been present on every AIM Hi-Power I have been able to personally handle (three to date)
B) Others have reported the same problem over the Internet
C) Israeli policy calls for condition three carry
D) The trigger is otherwise superb. Crisp and clean and only slightly heavier than my custom but with a better reset (custom has MkIII firing pin safety).

All of that makes me think that the condition may have been deliberately created to discourage people from carrying condition one - either that or the same armorer in Israel is remarkably consistent in how he botches trigger jobs and does a lot of Hi-Power work.

As for how to correct it, I'd say that refitting the contact surfaces between the sear and safety (something you'll probably want to replace for condition one carry anyway) would correct it; but I recommend you ask somebody with more experience in working on Hi-Powers.

Page generated in 0.03225 seconds with 8 queries