View Single Post
Old November 15, 2009, 10:33 PM   #14
dogtown tom

Beretta686:

-Is there a certain amount of transfers you have to do a year/month?
There is no regulation that states a minimum by year or month. It would need to be enough to satisfy the Industry Operations Investigator that you are actually engaging in the business of dealing in firearms.

-Can you have your "official" location be one place but do transfers elsewhere (i.e.- can my family's Ranch be the place of business, but I actually do the transfers at my home in Austin, like people do at gunshows)?
No, a Federal Firearms License only allows you to do business at two locations- the licensed premises and at a gunshow. You cannot get a license to do only gunshows. Each licensed premises needs it's own license.

-If you want to upgrade it and become a Class III dealer is there anything else besides sending in the $500?
There is no such thing as a Class III dealer. It's actually an 01FFL (dealer in firearms) with a SOT (special occupational tax)

Thanks!

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Page generated in 0.03189 seconds with 8 queries