View Single Post
Old November 1, 2013, 10:51 AM   #16
Inspector3711

I spent almost all of my 20's turning Pony pipe clamps for a living.

Then there were a few fights back in the day. Plenty of swollen fingers. And a car wreck where my noggin caused severe nerve damage to the back of my right hand. It still hurts to squeeze with that hand 25 years later.

I won't even get into it about my right knee......

I'm 49 now.

I'm right handed so as it turns out in the last year I've been diagnosed with severe cartilage degradation and arthritis in my right thumb where it joins the hand. Feels like a severely jammed finger much of the time and sometimes it swells up pretty good.

Lately I'm starting to get similar pain in the same joint on the left hand.

I have come to the conclusion that pain will likely be a problem with hand guns and any rifle that kicks hard.

I do keep a hand exerciser at work on my desk and one at home next to my recliner. They see frequent use.

In the end I've just decided that I'm not giving up things I enjoy. It'll just have to hurt.

I think about my grandfather. He was a carpenter most of his life. Had to be hurting a lot. Never heard him complain.

Page generated in 0.02439 seconds with 8 queries