View Single Post
Old October 18, 2013, 11:26 AM   #2
BigJimP

S&W made the K frame ...model 19's ( blued or nickel ) and the model 66's ( stainless ) ....in 2 1/2" barrels ( both .357 mag )...

$ 500 - $ 600 ....might buy you either of the above / especially if they have a little bit of holster wear..../ but are in very good mechanical condition. There are a lot of them around ....I see several every time I go to the bigger gunshows ( especially the model 66's )....

The 686's ( stainless ) S&W in .357 mag ...is a hair bigger ( its an L frame ) but I would at least keep a look out for a 686 as well.
----------
All 3 are very solid guns...
----------
Personally, while I have a 2 1/2" in both a model 19 and 66 ....I much prefer them in a 4" ...and if I carry a revolver, carrying the 4" vs the 2 1/2" is no big deal. The issue for me, is the length of the sight plane - and I just the shoot the 4" much better ...especially beyond 15 Feet or so ...

I'd just rather have the .357 mag over a .38 spl / but you'll find some very inexpensive S&W revolvers in .38 spl ( like the model 10's ) good solid guns as well, if that's what you want - or the S&W model 36's, etc...

The airweights to me....are just too light / to shoot effectively...and the smallest I can go, is a K frame to fit my hands...J frames are just too small for me to shoot effectively.

Page generated in 0.03349 seconds with 8 queries