Thread: New to IDPA
View Single Post
Old April 3, 2006, 12:29 PM   #4
RickB

The approved holster list has been gone for over a year. There are now criteria for judging a holster's legality, so some holsters that were legal are now not, and plenty that weren't legal, now are. All IWB holsters are legal. All "pancake" holsters (with integral belt SLOTS front and rear) are legal. Paddle holsters and holsters with belt loops or tunnels are where it gets dicey. As long as there are no gaps, you should be OK.
Either Kimber can be shot in ESP or CDP, but the hi-cap is better suited to ESP, due to the allowed mag capacity. I'd recommend shooting the gun you shoot best, and doing so in CDP division.
If you are looking for competition-only gear, then my recommendation would be different than for dual-duty gear for both carry and comp. For the former, I'd get a holster that holds the gun vertically, and on the outside of the belt, worn as far forward as the rules allow. For dual-purpose, I'd recommend something that holds the gun with some cant, so it tucks into the body - slows the draw, but helps concealment.

Page generated in 0.03745 seconds with 8 queries