View Single Post
Old January 2, 2000, 03:29 PM   #15
Dennis
Staff Emeritus

Yikes! I leave you kids alone for just a few minutes and you cause me more work than I can accomplish in weeks!

If you want to see how "good" I can be with words, you two just keep on misbehaving. When Mykl comes home you two will be in BIG trouble!
-------

However, I DO have a couple suggestions (heh, heh, heh).

1) In the "Register" area, might it be a good idea to stress that this is a privately owned forum for members who agree to abide by the rules. While differences of opinions and debate are welcomed, members should conduct themselves as though they were in the livingroom of a new friend. (A friend with culture and class - unlike SOME members I could name....)

2. In some manner, perhaps also in the "Register" area, stress to new folks that they should read the FAQ area. There they could learn about UBB codes, smilies, etc. to their hearts content.

I realize both these suggestions belabor the obvious, but it is equally obvious that many (most?) new members just hit the "I agree" button and jump in - frequently with embarrassing results both to them and to us.

It might cut down on the erroneous attempts to use First Amendment Rights to justify flames and "naughtiness".
-------

George,
I have a possible name for your (ugh!) sandwich, the "Clinton Club" sandwich!

Whatcha think?

Page generated in 0.02646 seconds with 8 queries