View Single Post
Old November 3, 1999, 04:40 PM   #7
LongDuck

From the only guy who bought a single-stage press in this day and age to start reloading,...

To learn how it works, start with your .45's and buy one of the cheap Lee starter kits. This $75 (MidwayUSA) investment will get you basic equipment and also get you a small press that will easily reload straight walled pistol cases. Later on, you can use it for universal decapping or some other such work that a small press is good for.

I started with the next-to-cheapest Lee single-stage and am still going strong after some minor modifications and ingenuity on my part. I can produce about 150-200 rounds per hour (2 single-stages going simultaneously, bell/powder and seat/crimp) and it's perfect for my demands and space concerns. [corrected my production rate - timed myself last night and I'm *nowhere* near 300-400 per hour!!!]

Don't push off single-stage as it gives you ultimate control over every stage of production and is a great way to learn the ropes before you go progressive. Plus, your dies can be used when you make the step up!

Best of luck, enjoy the sport,

[This message has been edited by LongDuck (edited November 04, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.02801 seconds with 8 queries