View Single Post
Old November 15, 2010, 02:04 PM   #11
Southern Rebel

Quote:
Once you get on the 10 o'clock news and the front page, you can lose your friends, your job, your neighbors won't let their kids play with your kids, all kinds of things can happen. Beyond that, you may also have to deal with up to $80,000+ in legal costs if you're the target of a Wrongful Death lawsuit or criminal charge (depending on where you live).
And yet, at the end of the day, I am alive to support my family and he has suffered the consequences of his actions. I am ok with both of those outcomes and will deal with the the above-described consequences for me. Once someone has chosen to place my life in jeopardy, his life is not my major concern - I am rather selfish in that way. I neither wish for his death nor wish him to survive - I just intend to do the best job of stopping his attack without harm to me.

If you wish to preserve your attacker's life and possibly increase your own risk of death in order to accomplish that, more power to you. I do not condemn or criticize your personal beliefs and moral values. (I do question whether you have witnessed gunshot wounds on the battlefield and the incapacitating power of a knee or foot wound. I can tell you that it is not as predictable as your post implies. A lot depends on what damage the bullet has caused and a lot also on the individual shot.)

Page generated in 0.02900 seconds with 8 queries