View Single Post
Old April 3, 2011, 10:01 PM   #21
bedbugbilly

Hawg - I checked T or the W and they show a Lee 90378 double cavity mold for 130 grain .375 conicals - is this the one you are using for your 36s? I'm using 375 balls in both my Pietta Remington 36 Navy and my Uberti '51 Colt Navy for with the tapered base, I'm assuming these would work in both and have room to index under the loading rammer? I haven't shot conicals out of a C & B revolver for years but would like to have a go at it again. What are your accuracy results like comparing the round ball with the conicals? Much of any difference? The conicals I shot years ago were solid base and I see the ones from the above mold are hollow base. What are you using for lube (I'm assuming you are lubing the base?) - are you using Crisco the same as in a .58 minie? Thanks for any info you can provide. BTW - T of the W lists the double cavity mold at $19.25 + shipping. I've used steel molds as well as the Lee molds - RB and minie - was happy with both. I think Lee puts out a good product at a reasonable price. Thanks!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03622 seconds with 8 queries