View Single Post
Old January 25, 2012, 07:55 AM   #8
Sevens

I carry the G29 as my EDC and I carry the Winchester Silvertip in it... and as much as I love the 10mm round and have been a 10mm shooter and handloader since '92, reality does have to rear it's ugly head.
Quote:
I haven't tried the Buffalo Bore, or Double Tap really hot loads, but the 175 gr. Winchester silvertip is pretty close to the original 170 Norma round that many thought was a handful.
The current Silvertip load clocks a solid two hundred feet per second slower than the Silvertip load, at nearly the same bullet weight. So no, it's really not close at all.

The current Silvertip is closer to a .40 S&W round than it is to the original (and legendary) Norma 170-grain JHP.

Still, the Silvertip is better than anything else produced by CCI, Hornady, R-P, and for damn sure, Federal. It does not hang with the selections from Cor-Bon, Double Tap, Buffalo Bore and some of the boutique makers of 10mm factory ammo.

As for physical size, it's incredibly close in length and height to the G19/G23, but much fatter for carry. I carry mine IWB daily.

Page generated in 0.02535 seconds with 8 queries