View Single Post
Old December 31, 2009, 07:42 PM   #15
Crosshair

Quote:
Quick question how hard is it to get that piece off? I assume it fits tightly on the gun?
It's not hard at all. It's tight fitting, but properly threaded parts shouldn't bind on one another and these don't at all. Just basic finger tight is enough to get the result in the photo above. Anti-sieze on the threads is a must because stainless likes to gall and bind. I just spend 5 minutes trying to get the protector off mine. I didn't clean the threads last time I had it out and neglected to put more anti-seize on it.

In case you are wondering, Stainless "hides" better than blued. Just like in the pictures, you have to either be looking REALLY close or know what/where to look in order to see where the barrel ends and the thread protector begins.

Of course you have to make sure to keep it clean so there isn't any gunk there to keep it from snugging up. Again,this isn't as hard as it sounds. A little CLP and a rag gets it clean.

Page generated in 0.02202 seconds with 8 queries