View Single Post
Old April 8, 2014, 02:34 PM   #6532
Sevens

Do me a favor:
Look at the trigger guard on your mint 19-3 and tell me if it looks "normal" and follows a static width along it's entire length...

..or is it possible that your trigger guard is shaved to HALF it's normal width at the front/muzzle end of the guard, and full thickness at the rear of the trigger guard, back toward the grip?

Reason I ask is: The Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson by Supica & Nahas is one of the best methods for retrieving these serial number look-ups we do, and the book is PACKED with other information also.

It says in the book that some commercial 19-3 revolvers are on the market with this "leftover" shaved trigger guard. It was a feature of the special run of 19-3's that were produced as Texas Ranger Commemorative revolvers, one of which I happen to have.

I have no idea how few of these guns are out there (by that, I mean NON-Texas Ranger Commemorative but with the shaved trigger guard) and I'm always curious if someone happens to have one.

It would be unlikely that yours has this feature.

Page generated in 0.02190 seconds with 8 queries