View Single Post
Old June 1, 1999, 05:58 AM   #12
Long Path

I know this response is really, *really* late, but I like the newest (75th aniversary) Sierra manual. One of the great things about it is the fact that it comes in its own 3-ring binder (buy yourself some hole-reinforcers!), which makes it easy to pull a page out to focus on. Also, it has plenty of room to write your own conclusions in, an extensive drop table in the back for each of its bullets at a wide variety of velocities, most of which they *actually tested*, and all throughout the book is the 800 number that you can call to get free reloading advice from one of their several loading techs until about 9:00 PM (what a great job!!! Where do I sign up?).
Sierra has a great website at... um.. try
http://www.sierrabullets.com
Only drawback? One manual for rifle, one for pistol (I have the rifle.)

Hornady's manual comes in a two-book set. One book is the reloading manual for pistol and rifle, the other (these are hardcover) is an extensive set of drop tables laid out for long range pistol, rifle, sillohette, etc, etc.
I love them both. I really can't get enough of the rows upon rows of the raw data in drop tables for a specific bullet at a given velocity, and these two give me both.

Page generated in 0.02919 seconds with 8 queries