View Single Post
Old July 23, 2000, 08:47 AM   #20
old hawk

mine drills a level 2 second chance vest at 75 yrds with hard plates,it will punch thru a bathtub side at 100 yards,not one jam yet and yes i carry it.i get czech subgun for 5$=50rds 8-12$ for norinco (yuk) standard 7.62.i went standard 9 x19 just for ammo availability/plinking if you check out this site for ammo youll find hollow points are available http://www.owlnet.com/quality/index.html.
more ammo below.......... http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/d...td/default.asp http://www.centuryarms.com/ http://www.empirearms.com/ http://www.jgsales.com/
Centerfire Systems,
Inc(1-800-950-1231)......7.62x25 S&B
non-corrosive boxer primed in quantities of 1000, 500 or 50 rounds.
RTC Sports, Inc (1-800-686-7824).....7.62x25 Sellier&Bellot non-corrosive boxer primed in quantities of 1000, 500, or 100 rounds.
Gibbs Rifle Company (304)262-1651.....7.62x25 Czech lacquered steel cases in 2,280 rounds per case quantity.
need to call the cz company? here you go.....
CZ-USA P.O.
Box 171073 Kansas City, Kansas 66117-0073 Phone: (913) 321 1811 or (800) 955-4486 Fax (913)
321 2251 e-mail: [email protected] Staff names: Alice, Joseph, and Robert
info on manufacturer.
The CZ-52 was a short recoil roller locked pistol firing the 7.62mm (m-4 cartridge. It was designed by Jan Kratochvil and manufactured by Presne Strojirentsvi, Uhersky Brod, in Moravia. It carried the factory code "rid."(mine is a rid model! ) )
(Other post-WWII codes of this factory were "AYM," "tgf," and "she."
None of these codes were found on the CZ-52 pistols.) The Czech Army adopted the CZ-52 on May 17, 1952.

BARREL CONVERSIONS
ok the 2 numerals in the side of the frame denotes the year built:ie:52-55 etc means.the nid or rid means its a brno plant in czeck built pistol.the t on the barrel chamber means its been proofed and tested.crossed swords denotes service pistol.if your going to get a 9mm barrel ,do it,easy to replace ,just follow directions .first remove the slide,now find a drill bit to fit the hole on lock block,make sure to push both rollers in towards the middle and then pullit forward to muzzle and up you now can slide the barrel out.IF you get the 9x19 barrel theyre are some modifacations you must make to the extractor ;namely removing it from slide and then rounding the lower corner along the exposed length so it slides over the rim of the rd. ,thats it.done with mods.reinstall the extractor .the 9x19 or 9x18 rounds are short in the magazine well with the caliber conversion barrel but the 147 gr.will work well in the cz as well as the 115 gr. 9mm ammo.so dont freak out when you stack the mag up and see a short round in a big mag space,they feed ok in mine no sweat.it works .i chose the 9x19 barrel purely out of availability and a wider range of loads given.some guys have made mag followers and blocked theyre mag walls with a 3\16th
strip but theyres no need for that.keep in mind that now adays the 9x19 nato is the
cheapest to get in all the different 9 sizes for the cz.what i want is a barrel in 38 acp
colt for my cz52!..............
MOST IMPORTANT STAMPING MARK OF ALL
look for a Z stamping on the trigger gaurd.this means its had the new hammer decocker safety installed ,if not and its a century arms piece ,send it to them after a phone call they will do the fix and send back for free. theyre have been reports of cz's going off when lowering hammer with decocker method.its on either side of the trigger gaurd near grip. for you tokarev shooters of the t33 heres a 9mm barrel conversion from sks man 40$!!!!!
www.sksman.com/access/tokarev.html
this is from mikes site.....

After WWII the Czechoslovakian Military was looking for a first class military sidearm. Trials were held beginning in 1948, and several prototypes were tested including some in 9mm parabellum. None of the early prototypes were found to be acceptable and in 1950 Ceska Zbrojovka (Bohemian Arms Factory) concentrated it's efforts on a design based on the Russian 7.62x25mm caliber.
Initial tests in 1951 on this design were also unsatisfactory. An improved pistol was tested again in early 1952 and was adopted by the Czech Armed Forces in May of 1952 as the Model 52 (or CZ- 52). The contract for the Model 52 began in 1952 and was completed in 1954. Exact quantities produced are unknown but estimated at between 200,000 and 220,000 pistols. The Model 52 employs a roller locking system thought to have been inspired by the German MG-42 machine gun. Roller locking designs have also been used successfully for years on many Heckler and Koch rifles but are seldom seen on pistols. The Model 52 has a three position frame
mounted safety lever. In the downward position a red dot is visible and the pistol is ready to fire. In
the middle position the safety blocks the trigger bar and engages the hammer rebound notch. In this "safed" position the pistol can be carried cocked & locked or safely unloaded. Pushing the lever all the way up decocks the pistol. The magazine is held in place by a lever at the bottom rear of the magazine well. There is no magazine safety. Originally manufactured with a nice light grey parkerized finish many CZ-52's can be found on the surplus market with a dark blue (hot dipped)finish. These pistols were part of a refurbishment program in the late 70's and can also be identified by the letters "VOZ" plus the year of re-work stamped above the trigger. The CZ-52 is a great shooter, and right now there is an abundance of surplus ammo available. Norinco makes a steel case non-corrosive (so they say) commercial ammo. I found it to be a bit anemic, and I have heard that steel cases are tough on extractors. I haven't tried the Chinese
military surplus but I doubt that it's much different than the commercial stuff. My favorites are the Bulgarian and Polish surplus. The lots that I've had were brass case, very clean, surefire and cycled my pistols flawlessly. The Czech ammo is also available and it's loaded much hotter than
the rest. It's lots of fun and the CZ-52 was designed around this load but it's still a little disconcerting to see your pistol turn into a flame belching hand cannon. I don't feed my CZ's a steady diet of the Czech ammo for fear of excessive wear. Virtually all the surplus in 7.62x25 is corrosive, but don't turn your nose up at corrosive ammo like many people I talk to at gun shows do. It's priced right, and if you clean your gun shortly after shooting it will be fine. I pull the barrel out and run it under hot water while pushing a soapy brush through it. After I'm done the warm barrel dries quickly and I lightly oil it inside and out. The CZ-52 is a typical piece of Czech quality workmanship, it's fun to shoot, and right now they are
plentiful and inexpensive. If you don't get one now you may wish you had once they all disappear. NOTE---Be careful of the firing pin. It's cast steel and will last indefinitely under normal usage but if
subjected to repeated dry firing may break prematurely.

Page generated in 0.05439 seconds with 8 queries