View Single Post
Old March 21, 2007, 12:38 PM   #15
Wild Bill Bucks

One of the worst things you have to do for a camping trip, is plan the groceries. I love to cook, and having 3 children, and their freinds most of the time, I learned to cook for an army. Since my children are all married and gone now, I am always cooking to much for the wife and myself. I have found that if you purchase some of those aluminum pie plates that have the seperations in them, it is easy to take your leftovers, and portion them out in the plates, place them in a vacum bag and seal them. Place them in the freezer, and when you go camping, just float the bag upright in a hot pan of water, and enjoy a meal that is better, most of the time, than when you originally cooked it.

If you like steaks to be marinated, but hate the overnight wait, you can apply your marinade to your steaks at 2:00 in the afternoon, seal them in a vacum sealer, and your steaks will be ready to cook by 3:00. After cooking them, you can reseal them, and the next time you heat them up, you won't believe how good they are.

Last edited by Wild Bill Bucks; March 21, 2007 at 12:40 PM. Reason: really bad spelling

Page generated in 0.02956 seconds with 8 queries