View Single Post
Old December 7, 2011, 06:03 PM   #5
TXAZ

BF = overrated

I've had 2 Norinco AK's, one of them would bump fire the other one not. I suspect the difference was a slightly longer travel / firmer in one trigger vs. the other.

I don't believe most weapons will bump with a 'normal grip', whatever that is as designed by the weaponeers. The difficult part will be figuring out exactly how "hard" or "soft" to hold the weapon, and precisely where to put your hands and the precise position of the weapon on your shoulder. Holding the weapon super firm isn't going to get you there, nor is lightly holding it (nor is that safe).
FYI, accuracy goes in the can, as previously mentioned it's a real waste of ammo (even when it was 5 cents per round) and you have to ensure you ALWAYS have full control of the weapon.

The Norinco, Polytech, Maadi and other former Eastern Block versions are pretty robust and can handle much more abuse than bumping, as the hammer is either going to fall or not, so I would not expect any damage from the bumping (again if you drop it as a result of not properly controlling it, that's a different more serious problem).

You might be better off finding a Class 3 full auto version from a friend or gun club if you want something akin to / or full auto. If you're traveling overseas to AK prevalent areas as we did, finding one over there was a blast. It is amazing how fast you can empty the mag either way...

Be safe, have fun.

Cave illos in guns et backhoes

Last edited by TXAZ; December 7, 2011 at 06:09 PM.

Page generated in 0.02447 seconds with 8 queries