View Single Post
Old April 22, 2005, 06:21 AM   #7
skidmark

Location: Richmond VA - home of a street full of second-place trophies.
seeing the LaserBlaster

I can see the LaserBlaster beam flash, but prefer to have somebody else watch for it and call the shot. Depending on your sight picture - 6 o'clock or dead center hold - makes a big difference unless you are using a target that is HIGHLY reflective.

Sort of like shooting plates - if I had a good sight picture & heard the "clang" I do not need to see the plate fall. In a move&shoot drill I see the flash but am 1) pretending it was a great one-shot stop 2) scanning for the next target or where my feet should go next or looking for cover -- so an observer to call shots is a good way to keep honest.

Dry fire practice is different. I use the shape of the beam (movement) to either confirm skillset or diagnose problems. Doing that is easier because I am concentrating on watching the beam.

Without wanting to get off-topic and into another debate on the subject, but D.R. Middlebrook teaches his own brand of P&S, which makes seeing the LaserBlaster much easier than if you are focusing on the front sight.

The LaserBlaster is one more tool in my bag of tricks. I find it has helped me. YMMV always applies.

stay safe.

skidmark

Page generated in 0.02384 seconds with 8 queries