View Single Post
Old October 8, 2013, 01:28 AM   #2
snuffy

Kachok, I don't think they've been out long enough to get many field reports back.

Plain and simple, most don't do a necropsy of a deer or try to find the bullet to see how it expanded. They're just glad they got some meat or were successful.

I would guess they're every bit as good as say a speer hot core, Hornady interlock, or a Sierra game king, as far as low velocity expansion goes.

I DO know they expand well at 30-06 velocity @ 100 yds. in the bullet-test media. Below is one that I tested from a Springfield 03-A3;

I must not have taken a wide view of the bullet wound path in the wax test media. I have the recovered weight and velocity written down somewhere, I'll try to find it tomorrow. The bullet retained a lot of weight, and penetrated as far as other '06 ammo has in that media. That was the 165 grain deep curl.

Notice how the lead is holding onto the jacket. These are plated bullets, just like the gold dot handgun ammo. Truly a bonded bullet. They're an outgrowth of the Federal fusion bullet.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Last edited by snuffy; October 8, 2013 at 01:34 AM. Reason: spelling

Page generated in 0.02667 seconds with 8 queries