View Single Post
Old February 5, 2011, 03:22 PM   #56
schatzperson

Thompsons

Well, I guess they are an investment.
But in honest sincerity, I can tell you that this is not what drives me.
I love the sense of history I got from the adventure; I live in Europe of course and have have been a gun nut for always. I had an uncle who lived in then USA who was an nfa dealer. He used to send me photos and stories and all this just fired up my boyhood enthusiasm. When I grew up came across one or two thompsons. About % years ago, I came across reports of parts kits released from ww2 arsenals in eastern europe. Having been in the business of collecting and also connected with the various collector organisations, one way or the other I traced some of these transactions. I got myself an introduction and travelled to examine , sort and buy for myself and other parties.
Well, what can I say ! I ended up in a state that had been right in the centre of the Axis retreat at the end of ww2. The local history is still very much alive and I daresay, sentiment from that turbulent time runs high still. Saw some amazing private collections, but of course what floored me were the cases of brand new thompsons still in cosmoline.

Page generated in 0.02437 seconds with 8 queries