View Single Post
Old February 11, 2014, 12:32 AM   #1
IdahoG36

Traded off my Springfield XDs .45 today and scored!

In my last two range sessions with my XDs .45, I have started to notice more frequent FTRB issues going on, after more than 500 flawless rounds. I keep my guns extremely clean, they get cleaned after every shooting session, and I shoot the same ammo through it.

I finally decided that I just couldn't trust it 100% anymore, and after reading several posts from various gun forum members here having the same issue and Springfield saying that there was no problem, I figured that I would trade it in for something else rather than try and send it in.

I went over to my LGS that I do a lot of business with, and ended up trading it straight across for an excellent condition used Hk USP .45 Compact bi-tone. The Hk came with two 8 round mags, the box, and the manual, along with a couple of finger extension floor plates.

It is a variant 1, DA/SA with safety/decocker, and has a spurless hammer. I did find a close out on CDNN tonight, and got a factory Hk USP hammer with the rubberized spur for $9.99. They were $50-$60 everywhere else that had them in stock. I will be changing out the hammer once it arrives.

Overall, I love the way the USP Compact feels in my hand. It looks really good with the stainless slide as well. I need to get to the range soon and put some rounds through it.

Here is a pic-

Page generated in 0.02076 seconds with 8 queries