View Single Post
Old January 17, 2013, 12:19 AM   #14
sugar land dave

Perhaps this might help someone to quickly reach your representatives.

Here is a tool, which allows you to quickly send your comments to your state and/or federal representatives.

You can choose E-mail or send a printed letter

You can say what you want. It's not so "form-lettery."

http://www.capwiz.com/nra/issues/?style=D&%20%E2%80%A6

I used it to send the following thoughts:

Honorable Statesman,

Recent events have once again brought sadness to this country as dozens found injury and death at the hands of monsters. While I suffer the emotions just as my fellow Americans do, I recognize that over one million American soldiers have died protecting the human rights recognized in the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. I realize it is popular among some groups these days to refer to these revered documents as "just another piece of paper," but I assure that I am not one of those people, nor do I call friend any who would think such of writings which were the foundation of our country.

My father, fighting for our country, sought to protect our rights as so many have through history. Now some statesmen try to erase with a vote or other questionable actions some of the human rights which tyrants of history have been unable to destroy by force. It must not be allowed to happen.

Statesmen like numbers and I respect that since I understand numbers too. For instance there are about 350 million people in the USA. That is a big number and it means that about 12000 new Americans are born each and every day of the year which is a little over 4 million each year. That fact makes it difficult for an enemy to easily defeat us, as does our second amendment right to keep and bear arms without fear of infringement from our own government.

Respectfully I ask that you remember these things when groups ask you to take a human right from us, especially one which was established and protected by our Founding Fathers and by the blood of patriots throughout the history of our country.

Thank you for your time and consideration in reading this.

Page generated in 0.03518 seconds with 8 queries