View Single Post
Old November 5, 2011, 01:08 AM   #10
briandg

What I know of the girls and schools in springfield leave me wondering about that situation. Out shopping with mom and no child with her, and looks 13? What, guess 16 years tops? and she asked her mother to buy her mace.

Yes, you must ask why, and so should her mother. that scenario plays out, to me, as a huge failure of parenting.

There are a few things playing out in my mind. One, the kid is a total airhead, and just thought, "oh, mace, I ought to have some." As father to one of the worst airheads on the planet, I have been asked to become involved in the craziest schemes on planet earth. (NO, she never asked for mace. I barely trust her with nail polish.) This can cause a parent to come completely unglued at times. Another is that she is a bad seed, and wants it to cause trouble. Don't second guess how rotten some girls can be. She may intend to nail one of her "friends" with it. It could be that her mother is just a whack job too, and the whole performance was predictable.

The last thing I want to believe is that this kid is seriously in fear of being hurt, or is already being bullied or harrassed, and this was a sincere need. It's a pretty likely scenario, however. It isn't a happy thought.

It was really not good growing up in the period that I grew up in. I can't even comprehend how much harder it would be growing up in springfield now. The stories I hear from the people I know aren't happy.

Page generated in 0.03521 seconds with 8 queries