View Single Post
Old August 17, 2006, 08:20 AM   #12
springmom

doesn't bother me a bit

By the time they come up to my window, I expect they've run my plates and will know that I have a CHL. It is in their computers, anyway.

Given all the excitement relating to Youngest Son's assault in January, and the neighborhood problems we had around that time, I got to talk to Harris County constables quite a lot there for awhile They always ask for identification, even when they make a call to a house. I gave them both (even though these were not traffic stops) and always got them back with an "I know that" and/or a "good for you".

From the standpoint of traffic stops, as I've taught both my sons...there is just about nothing more dangerous for the officer than walking up to that car that just ran a red light. God knows who is in there and what state of mind they are in. This law simply enables the situation to be more transparent to the officer. It is for the officer's safety, and since it does not require handing over my weapon or some such, I have no issue with it.

Springmom

home on the web:
www.panagia-icons.net (my webpage)
www.nousfromspring.blogspot.com (Orthodoxy)

"I couldn't hear you. Stop firing the gun while you're talking!" Frank Drebin, The Naked Gun

Page generated in 0.03952 seconds with 8 queries