View Single Post
Old July 31, 2000, 02:03 PM   #1
Gary H

I have an 870 HD w/18" barrel and wish to upgrade it without excess. Oh damn.. Ok..a bit of excess.

I have ordered a six shell sidesaddle, TacStar 2000 light ( have one on my Carbon 15 and really like it ) and plan on sending it, with $35, to Johnny Stone (any experience with Johnny?) for forcing cone extension and polish. My patterns are more than awful, about 36" at 30 yds (only distance available at my range for patterning).

Larger safety is cheap and a non-brainer. Many two round extensions exist. I think that I will go with Scattergun's. Will need a sling for three gun..any suggestions?

I'm a bit confused as to other upgrades. I'm 6'3" and have a long reach. Is there a (HD) reason to change the butt stock to a shorter stock, or should I try to get a stock with a spring loaded shell holder. Don't know who makes it, but I know it is made. Is there an advantage to adding the Decelerator pad? Is cutting down the front stock the way to go, or better to spend the $20 on a shorter front stock. Porting will be on hold until other mods are in place. If I'm happy, then no porting.

Sights.. I know that all of you are big ghost ring fans, but the Reflex II has all the advantages of ghost rings, plus it is easier to pick-up the sight picture. Anyone try one on their shotgun? The problem would be to set-up a weaver mount and still maintain the sidesaddle. Is there a top fitting mount that can be mounted with tap and screw?

Thanks,
Gary

Page generated in 0.02939 seconds with 8 queries