View Single Post
Old September 9, 2012, 01:36 PM   #6
GeeJ

Here are a couple of more points to consider:

Your body size:
Generally it's easier for larger individuals to conceal large frame handguns then it is for a person of smaller body sizes. A handgun printing through your clothes is something to be aware of.

The clothing you commonly wear:
The clothes you commonly wear plays a big role in concealed carrying. I personally like wear cargo shorts and t-shirts as my everyday attire so it is easier for me to conceal my carry. If you tend to dress more formal than that and more wear more tighter fitting kind of clothes, then a smaller thinner firearm might fit you best. Remember to factor in your body size with this as well.

Concealed carry testing rules:
In Texas, when you are testing for a CHL, if you test with a revolver you can *only* carry a revolver. If you test with a semi auto, you can carry that *and* a revolver. Be sure to research the rules and requirements for the actual concealed carry testing in your state. Wherever you take your class be sure to talk things over with the instructor before hand.

You might also want to put the Springfield XD line on your list. Many of the dedicated glock users will tell you that it's just a "cheap" knock off of the glock. The extreme majority of non bias shooters will tell you that the XDs are excellent firearms. Don't get me wrong I am a fan of Glock as well and would bet my life on them as much as I do the XD that I carry, but you would be remiss in not considering or at least reading reviews of the XDs. they are also polymer frame striker fire handguns but differ from Glocks in the ergonomics and physical feel in your hands. They are 100% as dependable and reliable as Glocks, so be sure to check them out. My XD40 sub-compact has never once malfunctioned after thousands of rounds; ranging from the cheapest crappiest range ammo to the higher quality self-defense rounds.

Ultimately, the right handgun is the one you feel most comfortable and natural using in an effective manner. if you are not comfortable and don't feel naturally fluid with the firearm of choice, then you then you won't be as affective as you could be. Even if it's the most highly regarded handgun in the world, if it simply doesn't work for you then it's the wrong choice. The best handgun for you is the one that just feels right.

I don't want to start a debate between Glock and XD, but I currently bet my life on the XD based off of my personal experiences. Both the Glock and XD are truly *superlative* starting points in my opinion.

Last edited by GeeJ; September 9, 2012 at 01:50 PM.

Page generated in 0.03083 seconds with 8 queries