Being in a university (we can't carry - bah) but if I were in:

VT
Northern Illinois
Columbine
Ecole Polytechnique
Concordia University
Red Lake Senior High -

etc.

I would want to be competent. Yes, I might flee in terror. If I were in the Ecole Polytechnique scenario and the killer came in and told all the males to leave so he could kill the woman - one might just leave. But if you weren't going to do that - I would prefer to have a reasonable chance of hitting the target and processing stress.

A simple google scholar search on stress and shooting will come up with studies indicating that scenario and simulator training leads to better performance and decision making.

Yep, it's a low probability event. So is a home invasion - most are ongoing disputes or drug related. Some are the horror of the Petits. But even then, I would like to know how to use a light and competently move around the house (if I must, should stay put and jump out the window).

BTW, the discussion has moved beyond the garden variety muggers. My moral compass is being competent in a high intensity crowded environment.

Also, try to shoot 5 guys at a distance with a revolver closing from 10 yards and disable all - bet you, some get to you.

Page generated in 0.03391 seconds with 8 queries