View Single Post
Old December 17, 2013, 02:10 PM   #14
Bigfatts

My list would go AK, Mini, SKS, VZ. The VZ only rates below the SKS because I have never handled one. Here's my take on each:

AK- Can be had in varying quality and price ranges. Rugged, reliable and lightweight. You can do anything you want to an AK, you will never run short of aftermarket doodads and upgrades. Mags are cheap and easy to find.

Mini 30- Like the Mini 14 I feel the 30 is overpriced. Factory stock is junk. Accuracy on par with an AK from the ones I've seen. Decent aftermarket support. Mags are available though not as cheaply as the AK.

SKS- I don't like the SKS. The stocks are too short, it's too heavy. 10 round fixed mag. There are aftermarket parts for it but it's really better left in atock form, they just look silly in a different stock. No real good way to mount optics. And lastly, the price. They are so inflated right now it's not even funny. Last Yugo I saw at a gunshow was in the $400 range. No thanks.

VZ-58- I have no opinion, never handled one.

Anyways, that's my opinion. I'd rather have a 7.62 AR over any of them. And if I was getting an AR I'd go ahead and get a different caliber, so I guess I'm no help at all.

Page generated in 0.02624 seconds with 8 queries